Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Flying MY Flag......

 I saw a clip on FaceBook this morning about a man flying his American flag.  I immediately began to twitch, blink and ask my self, "Why?"  I glanced at my calendar to see if I had missed a holiday.  Monday is Labor Day...but that's not a flag-waving day....... and today is just a Wednesday....no reason to mast a flag.   No reason to mast a flag.... No reason to mast a flag???


We have every reason to mast a flag!

Our grandson found a package of small flags and we lined the street with them.  Six small insignificant little flags on a little street in Nowhere Special, USA.   But this was a chance to talk about our flag, and the freedom to post it anytime, on our street and in our hearts.


 It's a symbol of freedom!

The stars remind me that this country was founded ......and is the foundation this country was established on.

The red stripes represent the blood shed in the past and TODAY to protect our freedom.

THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR OUR FREEDOM!


When a group has strong feelings about something, they rally around the flag to bring unity in thought!


I'm glad I can mast a flag any day or any time I feel......
..........Thankful for our country,
..........Thankful for our freedom.
.......... Thankful to the families who have   given  loved ones for us.
.........  Thankful that I can mast my flag on Wednesdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment